20 Nominative Case Noun Examples
Nouns denoting people:
- The boy is hungry.
- I met a girl from Sweden yesterday.
- The men working over there are fixing the roof.
- That man buys coffee every morning on his way to work.
- Do you know Mrs. Brown, the history teacher?
Nouns denoting things:
- A new house is being built next door.
- The sun is very hot today.
- There are some oranges on the kitchen table.
- What time does the library close?
- Please feed my cat while I’m on vacation.
Nouns denoting animals:
- I saw a snake in the garden yesterday.
- The dog is barking at the cat again.
- Do you want to play fetch with me?
- That bird can’t fly because it has a broken wing.
- My parents had a cat and a dog when I was a kid.
Nouns denoting abstractions:
- Your remarks are unnecessary.
- He is being very inconsiderate today.
- You are making this much more complicated than it needs to be!
- She has made up her mind, so you can stop trying to change it.
- After the argument they had, their relationship is probably over.