50 Examples of Present Indefinite Tense!
Present Simple Tense: Used to describe habitual actions, general truths, or permanent states.
Example: “I walk to work every day.”
Structure of Present Simple Tense
Affirmative: Subject + Base Verb (s/es for third person singular)
Negative: Subject + do/does + not + Base Verb
Interrogative: Do/Does + Subject + Base Verb?
50 Sentences of Present Simple Tense
- I drink coffee every morning.
- She plays the guitar very well.
- He studies mathematics at university.
- They always arrive on time.
- We like to go on hikes.
- The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
- My sister works as a nurse.
- Dogs bark when they see strangers.
- The earth revolves around the sun.
- She speaks French fluently.
- We eat dinner at 7 pm every night.
- He watches TV in the evening.
- They listen to music while they work.
- She runs five miles every day.
- I clean my room every weekend.
- He writes poetry in his free time.
- We enjoy watching movies on the weekends.
- She sings in the church choir.
- They visit their grandparents every month.
- He teaches English as a second language.
- The moon orbits around the earth.
- I go to the gym three times a week.
- She reads books for pleasure.
- We take a walk in the park every morning.
- He likes to play video games in his spare time.
- They volunteer at the local shelter every weekend.
- She practices yoga every day.
- We prefer to travel by car.
- He always wears a suit to work.
- They spend their weekends camping in the mountains.
- She loves to paint and draw.
- We listen to podcasts on our daily commute.
- He enjoys cooking for his family.
- They go swimming in the ocean every summer.
- She studies art history at university.
- We meet our friends for coffee every Friday.
- He speaks several languages fluently.
- They donate to charity regularly.
- She coaches a youth soccer team.
- We attend church every Sunday.
- He repairs cars for a living.
- They take their dog for a walk every afternoon.
- She plays tennis every weekend.
- We have a family game night every Wednesday.
- He works as a computer programmer.
- They love to travel and explore new places.
- She tutors high school students in math and science.
- We plant a vegetable garden every spring.
- He enjoys hiking in the mountains.
- They watch the sunset over the ocean every evening.
Important: All 12 Verb Tenses in English
20 Sentences in Present Simple Tense (Negative Examples):
- I don’t like coffee.
- She doesn’t play basketball.
- They don’t eat meat.
- He doesn’t watch TV in the morning.
- We don’t have any pets.
- You don’t speak Spanish fluently.
- The sun doesn’t rise in the west.
- My friend doesn’t smoke cigarettes.
- The cat doesn’t like to be petted.
- It doesn’t rain much in this desert region.
- They don’t believe in ghosts.
- She doesn’t wear glasses.
- He doesn’t take sugar in his tea.
- We don’t go to the gym on weekends.
- The train doesn’t arrive on time.
- You don’t need to buy new shoes.
- My sister doesn’t live in the city.
- He doesn’t have a car.
- They don’t listen to music while studying.
- It doesn’t snow in this part of the country.
20 Sentences in Present Simple Tense (Interrogative Examples):
- Do you like pizza?
- Does he speak French?
- Do they study every day?
- Does she have any siblings?
- Do we need to bring our equipment?
- Do you know the answer?
- Does the bus stop here?
- Do they enjoy hiking?
- Does he play the guitar?
- Do you prefer tea or coffee?
- Does she work in the same office as you?
- Do we have enough time to finish the project?
- Does the restaurant serve vegetarian food?
- Do they like to watch movies?
- Does he live in this neighborhood?
- Do you need any help?
- Does she take the bus to work?
- Do we need to make a reservation?
- Does the store close at 9 pm?
- Do they often go on vacation together?
- Examples of Present Continuous Tense
- Examples of Present Perfect Tense
- Examples of Present Perfect Continuous Tense